This weekly newsletter focuses on the most important new developments within Pakistan’s Technology Sector. To receive this newsletter on a weekly basis subscribe to our mailing list (no spam ever) or follow me on Twitter @adamdawood. Previous instalments of the newsletter can be found here.
Pakistan Internet Statistics
After last weeks post on smartphone data and mobile subscribers, we thought we dig into data around Pakistan’s internet connectivity a bit more. The data is compiled with the help of Siim Teller of On Device Research, a mobile research company.
Average Internet Speeds
The speed at which we connect to the internet has risen by 68% over the last 2 years. Akamai, a CDN that provides optimisation services to internet companies and is responsible for delivering 15-30% of all web traffic.
Age of Mobile Internet Users
BuzzCity, a mobile advertising platform which served 900+ million ads and served ads to 24 million unique visitors in Pakistan during the month of June also shares data from their service. Their platform states that over 75% of mobile internet users are under 30 years of age, with Nokia leading in terms of number of handsets online. Their data also shows one big error, in that Zong is not even mentioned as a carrier within their dataset.
- A Candid Interview with Zeeshan Ali, Founder Zameen.com | ProPakistani
- ‘We want to build a comprehensive entrepreneurship support ecosystem’ | Business Recorder
- Upward move: Pakistan’s ICT sector to cross $10b mark, says [email protected] | Tribune
- Pakistani-American Pioneered 3D Technology in Orthodontics | Haq’s Musing
- Pakistani Brothers Spawned Multi-Billion Dollar Security Software Industry | Haq’s Musing
- Warid Confirms Its customers About 4G LTE Launch in September | ProPakistani
- USF Disburses Record Amount Subsidy of Rs. 4.2 Billion in 2013-14 | ProPakistani
- Telenor Stretches its 3G Coverage to 10 More Cities | ProPakistani
- Timepey Facilitates KPK Government in Distributing Funds to IDPs | ProPakistani
- Eid shopping: Fashion’s virtual wheels | Dawn