This weekly newsletter focuses on the most important new developments within Pakistan’s Technology Sector. To receive this newsletter on a weekly basis subscribe to our mailing list (no spam ever) or follow me on Twitter @adamdawood. Previous instalments of the newsletter can be found here.
Telenor Launches Inter-Bank Fund Transfer Facility
Telenor under their EasyPaisa brand have launched an ability to pay money into someone’s bank account. The service will allow anyone with a CNIC (national identity card) to transfer money from over 40,000 EasyPaisa merchants into any bank account within 23 of the largest banks in Pakistan. Operating since 2005, EasyPaisa is believed to be doing 200,000 transactions a day in 700 cities. The service claims to move 1% of Pakistan’s GDP and was recently recognized as the 3rd largest mobile money service in the world.
- Foodpanda Reveals Top 5 Cuisines Of Pakistan Ordered Via Mobile App | MediaPoondi
- World Bank Reports Sharp Downward Revision in Pakistan Poverty | Haqs Musing
- LCE reveals First 8 teams in its Incubator | TechJuice
- Government Doubles tax on telecom imports to 10% | ProPakistani
- Pakistan endorses China’s ‘technology transfer’ proposal | Pakistan Today
- House-hunting goes mobile in Pakistan with the Lamudi app | Dawn
- Zong Unveils 3G Packages | ProPakistani
- Applications for Blackbox Connect are now Open | [email protected]
- Facebook Aims to Increase Revenue from Pakistani market | ProPakistani
- Mobile Importer faces heavy losses after Karachi Attacks | Tribune
- In Karachi the Delivery Man Cometh | Roads & Kingdoms
- 92% of Pakistani’s see hate speech online | Wired